Port of Charleston
Union Pier Terminal
32 Washington Street
Charleston, South Carolina 29401
The Cruise Ship Passenger Terminal is located in downtown Charleston in the heart of the historic district. It is easily reached via several major routes into the City. The major routes into Charleston are via Interstate 26, Highway 17-South, Highway 17-North and I-526.
There are permanent highway signs posted along the travel route that will help direct you to Union Pier and the cruise ship facilities. Some signs are the standard green highway signs posted along major routes and exit ramps. Others are smaller sized brown signs with the international cruise ship symbol and arrows showing the direction to travel in the downtown area. Please note there are yellow A-frame signs also referred to in the directions. Those yellow A-frame signs are temporary units displayed at approximately 11:00am on embarkation days.
Union Pier Entry Gate #2 is at the intersection of Concord and Laurens and is designated as the entry point for all general cruise traffic.
Union Pier Main Gate is at 32 Washington Street and is designated as the entry point for taxis, hotel limos/vans and charter bus groups only.
Directions to the Cruise Ship Passenger Terminal
Coming into Charleston via I-26 East
Once you are in the Charleston area
- Take Exit 219 – B (Morrison Drive and East Bay Street)
- Turn left at the foot of the exit ramp
- Cross over King Street, then cross over Meeting Street
- Once you cross over Meeting Street, you are on Morrison Drive
- Stay on Morrison Drive
- The street name will change from Morrison Drive to East Bay Street after you go under an overpass
- Follow the large green highway signs and the smaller brown highway signs to Union Pier Terminal
- Stay on East Bay Street, until you pass a U.S. Post Office on the right
- From East Bay Street, turn left on to Chapel Street at the traffic light
- Continue to follow the green highway signs and the brown highway signs to the Cruise Ship Terminal / Union Pier Terminal
- Chapel Street will change name to Washington Street along the route
- Turn left and Chapel/Washington Street onto Charlotte Street
- At the intersection of Chapel/Washington and Charlotte Streets, there will be yellow A-frame signs in the roadway with directions for ‘Cruise Traffic’.
- Follow the yellow signs. These will be in addition to the permanent street signs already noted.
- The yellow A-frame signs will direct you to Union Pier Entry Gate #2
- Union Pier Entry Gate #2 is at the intersection of Concord and Laurens
- The Passenger Terminal is part of Union Pier
- All general cruise traffic enters the area via Union Pier Entry Gate #2
Coming into Charleston from 17-South (North Carolina side of South Carolina)
Enter the Charleston area via the City of Mt. Pleasant
- Follow 17-South signs to Ravenel Bridge (across Cooper River)
- Go across the bridge
- Take Morrison Drive / East Bay Street exit from bridge (first exit)
- Turn left on to East Bay Street from the exit ramp at the foot of the bridge
Coming into Charleston from 17-North (Georgia side of South Carolina)
- Enter the Charleston area via Highway 17-North
- Follow signs to East I-526
- Once on E-I-526, take #17 to I-26 East – towards Charleston
- From I-26, take exit 219–B (Morrison Drive and East Bay Street ramp)
- Cross over King Street and Meeting Street
- After the crossovers, you will be on Morrison Drive / East Bay Street route
- Stay on Morrison Drive / East Bay Street
Rates are subject to change
- $17.00 per day - for standard vehicles up to 20 feet in length
- $40.00 per day – for oversized vehicles over 20 feet in length (RV’s, Campers and busses)
A complimentary shuttle bus is provided between the vehicle storage areas and the Passenger Terminal on both departure and return dates of the cruise. The shuttles provide a comfortable way to arrive at the check-in location and return to the vehicle storage areas at the end of the cruise. Shuttles accessible for special needs and wheelchair assistance are also available.See also: